As Women We Trust, but Do We Verify? How to Prevent Fraud From Happening to Your Business!
Do you think fraud only happens to other people? You’re not alone, but someone has to be “the one.” Whether you are a startup company with 1 employee or a successful enterprise with staff of hundreds, fraud happens. It happens when we least expect it. It happens in ways we could never imagine. And, it happens with people who are the closest to us – those we trust. Trust is an integral part of a small and mid-size business, but often, it’s not enough.
We’ll explore how Fraud happens, how people exploit our trust and how they get away with it. Often, by the time Fraud is found in a small business, the money is gone and cannot be recovered. And the emotional cost is often greater than the financial cost. We’ll explore how to prevent fraud from happening to your business!
Legal Myths & Facts for Business Owners
The hardest part of running a business is that you don’t know what you don’t know. In this interactive workshop, we will tackle legal pitfalls that many entrepreneurs face:
- What are the biggest legal mistakes entrepreneurs make and how can these mistakes be avoided?
- How do you protect and own your intellectual property?
- What steps must be taken and what documents are needed to ensure your business can function in the event the realtor has an emergency?
- Is it ok to use legal documents downloaded or purchased from the Internet?
- Why do you need contracts?
- Stories from the field about biggest problems business owners have faced and how to avoid them.
Positive WorX for Business
Wheter entrepreneur, manager or leader, there is energy and power in your daily thoughts. The mind is the fertile ground where the seeds to grow your business are planted. The mind is also the place where innovative scenarios are run before investments of time and money are made. In this session, participants will learn strategies to put the power of positive to work for their company, team, and bottom line.
- Three keys to creating a positive mental attitude
- Three keys to creating a positive impact in your organization
- One crucial key to business success