Joan is currently chairman of Inova’s Fairfax Hospital for Children’s Development Committee. She is a member of the Inova Fairfax hospital for Children’s Advisory Board. She is co-founder of the non-profit LetsGiveBack.org. She has been an active board member in the Vienna-Tysons Regional Chamber of Commerce and the past chairman of the board of directors. She also was the chairman of the 57th, 58th and 59th annual Halloween Parade which draws 35,000 people. She is a 2009 graduate of Leadership. She spends her personal time with her two children and numerous volunteer activities. She also devotes a significant amount of time working with families living in poverty and she has worked with one family over ten years.
- Nominated for Fairfax County Chamber of Commerce Blue Diamond Award
- Leadership Fairfax 2009
- Entrepreneur of the Year 2008, Vienna Tysons Regional Chamber of Commerce
- National SIM Leadership Award from the Center of Research and Learning University of Kansas, 2005
- Business Networking International, Certificate of Distinction as an Ambassador, April 2004
- First and Second Degree Sales Awards from Resource Associated Corporation, 2003 and 2004
- Chairman’s Award from the Vienna Tysons Regional Chamber of Commerce, 2003